This mini-course is an introduction to making risk/return decisions. The goal of this course is to quickly make you comfortable and competent to choose between savings accounts, money markets, certificates of deposit, bond funds, stock funds, and ETFs.
This can be overwhelming, but I'll help you decide which choices match your risk/return requirements. At the end, you'll be able to allocate your money properly, compare your choices and leave with a plan you are prepared to execute.
This course is for you if:
- you have money ready to invest but need some unbiased guidance,
- you wish to set-up automatic investments from every paycheck,
- you have temporary cash from selling your house that you will need again soon,
- you have a retirement account and have questions about the choices,
- you are ready to invest but are afraid that the stock market might be too high,
- you wonder "What allocation to bonds is appropriate for me?"
- you inherited some money, want to invest it, but don't have a financial plan.
This course is easily approachable for complete beginners, and also provides value for more experienced students.
Get ready to ask yourself some tough questions and then make some decisions about where to put your money so that it does you the most good.
This Beta version of this mini-course is available FREE today. Your feedback will help me improve it! You'll get the final version when released Fall 2017. Thank you!
Rick Van Ness is a successful private investor and retired executive who provides investor education through online videos, short books, and workshops. Rick has an engineering degree from Cornell University and a MBA in Finance from New York University. His background in engineering and business provides him with the excellent basis for understanding and teaching investments and financial planning.
Rick provides unbiased education. He helps students understand the teachings of the most widely respected economists and financial planners. Students learn that smart investing is simple (not easy) and to take charge of their own finances on their paths to achieving rich and fulfilling lives.